This self-paced online workshop will show you how to make immediate copy improvements to your website to position it for success in Google’s search results pages.
You’ve got a stubbornly high bounce rate. You don’t know how to write copy that makes you stand out – and Google doesn’t seem to know that you exist. This self-paced online workshop will enable you to make immediate improvements to the copy on your website. Learn how great copy can increase your traffic, nurture customer relationships, generate new leads, and strengthen your brand.
Created by Emily Hill, who founded of one of the UK’s most established copywriting companies, this self-paced workshop is structured over four sessions:
Session 1: Introduction to SEO copywriting
- What is SEO copywriting?
- Old-school vs modern SEO copywriting
- User intent and why it matters
- What does Google want from us?
- All about natural language processing
Session 2: Creating a keyword strategy
- Why keywords matter at all
- The three main types of search query
- Creative keyword research
- Keyword mapping and avoiding keyword conflict
Session 3: Best practice SEO copywriting techniques
- The three key principles of best practice SEO copywriting
- Engagement, engagement, engagement
- Writing Google-friendly headlines
- Best practices for meta titles and descriptions
- Getting into Featured Snippets
Session 4: Putting it all together
- SEO content planning
- Why Google cares about links and brand mentions
- What to do about duplicate content
- Measuring your copy’s performance
Each session comprises a series of short instructional videos, followed by practical exercises and recommendations for further reading.
Who this course is for?
This course is perfect for any copywriter wanting to gain a good overview of what is required to write Google-friendly copy.
Emily is a freelance content strategist and copywriting trainer. She works with organisations to help them figure out what to say, how to say it, and how to get the right people to hear it. A former copywriting agency owner, Emily has a long-standing relationship with BrightonSEO, having created their very first Copywriting for SEO workshop way back in 2014! She has delivered the workshop twice a year ever since, with the exception of 2017 when the imminent arrival of her twins rendered it a little risky to be away from home! These days, Copywriting for SEO is available as a self-paced online course, or a face-to-face workshop as part of the BrightonSEO conference. Emily has occasionally taken to the stage at BrightonSEO itself, most recently to make the case for content readability.