Copywriting for SEO - ONLINE LIVE. Starts 14th July 2020.
This intensive online workshop will show you how to make immediate copy improvements to your website to position it for success in the Google SERPs.Watch Promo
This intensive online workshop will show you how to make immediate copy improvements to your website to position it for success in the Google SERPs.
You’ve got a stubbornly high bounce rate. You don’t know how to write copy that makes you stand out – and Google doesn’t seem to know that you exist. This intensive online workshop will enable you to make immediate improvements to the copy on your website. Learn how great copy can increase your traffic, nurture customer relationships, generate new leads, and strengthen your brand.
Led by Emily Hill, who founded of one of the UK’s most established written communications companies, the Copywriting for SEO online workshop covers the following areas:
Session 1: Introduction to SEO copywriting
- What is SEO copywriting?
- Old-school vs modern SEO copywriting
- User intent and why it matters
- What does Google want from us?
- All about natural language processing
Session 2: Creating a keyword strategy
- Why keywords matter at all
- The three main types of search query
- Creative keyword research
- Keyword mapping and avoiding keyword conflict
- Optimising your copy with keywords: a roadmap
Session 3: Best practice SEO copywriting techniques
- The three key principles of best practice SEO copywriting
- Engagement, engagement, engagement
- Writing Google-friendly headlines
- Best practices for meta titles and descriptions
- Getting into Featured Snippets
Session 4: Putting it all together
- SEO content planning
- Increasing the reach of your content
- Why Google cares about links and brand mentions
- What to do about duplicate content
- Measuring your copy’s performance
Emily’s training style is very informal, so you’ll be encouraged to ask questions and share your own insights throughout.
Who this course is for
This course is perfect for any marketers who want to step up their copywriting game. It will be a hugely valuable course for copywriters who want to better understand the relationship between on-site copy and SEO, as well as understand the role of natural language processing in modern search.
Emily set up Write My Site at the age of 24 when she spotted a gap in the market for a company that could write copy that both people and search engines would love. Notwithstanding the seismic changes that have swept the digital landscape since 2006, this premise remains just as relevant today. She currently divides her time between overseeing our consultancy’s projects and delivering bespoke, best practice copywriting training. Emily also runs the Copywriting for SEO course at brightonSEO, Europe’s largest Search Marketing conference.